Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Lantern Festival Parade

A little warning . . . because these posts go in reverse-chronological order - I suggest you quickly scroll past these photos to see the daytime post before the nighttime one . . . but its up to you.









The parade was really beautiful. I haven't seen many 'night-time' parades in my life but the lights and sounds were really magical.




There were hoards of people carrying lanterns (the parade took about 2 hours to pass us) but the giant floats were the main attraction.


Some were candle-powered and some were electric.




We even got to see the Buddha-Mobile!!




There were many dancers and musicians - there was even a marching band!! Anywhere in the world you travel - a parade just ain't a parade without a marching band!!






Don't forget to click on these photos to see them super-sized!!





Shawna took most of these photos while I was taking video footage. Hopefully I will find time (and a computer powerful enough) to edit them and post them to the blog.












I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice. It was really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment